Friday, March 29, 2013

Les Mills 21-Day Challenge Day 5


OVERALL UPDATE
Be sure to read what the program entails two posts down. Also, read about my personal experiences on days -4 one post down.

Today my weight was back up to where it was when I started. Very strange, but I did teach BodyPump Thursday and that tends to cause me to retain a little water due to the HARD PUMPIN WORK! Ha. I was told my face looked thinner today, and I woke up feeling happy, refreshed and healthy as can be. My pants seemed to fit looser for sure.

DAILY UPDATES

Friday
Exercise: Taught 30 minutes of CXWORX

Food: Stuck to the program 90% today. I normally get something bad every Friday… either pizza, WG Grinders, Chinese or some kind of take out. Well, let me be honest here…. I would get take out sometimes 2-3 times per week. This evening I decided on Filet. I am thinking it’s okay for me once a week, but sticking to fish, chicken and pork is probably best most of the time due to the fat content.

- Under my calories needed by 250 calories
- Under my carbs needed by 70 g
- Over my fat needed by 39 g (Filet and chips did me in)
- Over my protein needed by 40 g
- Over my fiber needed by 10 g
- Over my sugar needed by 25 g

Weight: down 0 pounds
Waist Size: the same

Bad Influences Encountered: I met a friend for a late lunch as El Vaquero. She wanted to have margaritas. Honestly, I did not want the margaritas. I wanted the CHIPS! I had maybe 5-6 of them and that was enough for me. What in the world does one get at El Vaquero to eat that is healthy? Well, I ordered the chicken salad with double chicken. It came with a slab of sour cream and guacamole. I kicked the sour cream to the side and ate half and was satisfied.

As a former smoker, I don’t crave cigarettes…. But today…. For some reason I wanted one! It was very strange. I guess since I am being good my body wanted me to be naughty in some way, shape or form. But, as soon as I smelled the smoke from a neighboring business at Flow Studio (most of you will know from where) it made me SICK! Needless to say, I got over that non-food craving pretty quick. WHEW!


No comments: