Monday, April 22, 2013

Les Mills 21-Day Challenge Day One!!

OVERALL UPDATE FOR THE DAY
If you would like to do the Les Mills 21-Day Challenge you can find instructions at http://aalthoff.blogspot.com/2013/03/les-mills-21-day-nutritional-challenge.html

For those you don’t know, I attempted the program and on day 11 I got sick and had to stop. Today is day one, and I am so happy to be back on the program. My goal is to go the full 21 days!

I felt so full after my first three meals, but didn’t feel satisfied really. Today, I had a headache and was craving carbs. So, I did have a few crackers with cream cheese and hummus on it. OOPPS. That took care of my carb craving. I didn’t really want to have my last meal, but I did anyway. My stomach was a little angry with me, so I did have a little bit of yogurt, which made me feel so much better. I was quite tired today as well when normally I am not.

Overall today was a good day, and I think my body is going to adjust much better this time around. J

DAILY UPDATES

Monday, April 22, 2013

Exercise: Taught 45 minutes of freestyle cycling, 30 minutes of CXWORX and went for a long walk with my Trixie girl.

Food: Stuck to the program 95% today.

Meal 1: IsaLean French Vanilla Shake, Ionix Supreme, Cleanse for Life, Want More Energy and IsaOmega with IsaCrunch – other than the shake the other items is a mixture I have before teaching any class. I cannot eat anything before an activity but liquids and powders or I will not fare well. Ha!

Meal 2: Baked cod (fish) and a large salad with red leaf lettuce, red/yellow/orange peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and broccoli

Meal 3: Scrambled organic cage free eggs (two full eggs and two egg whites), salsa, red/yellow/orange peppers, and my crackers with cream cheese and hummus

Meal 4: Hard boiled egg, handful of almonds (10) and tomatoes

Meal 5: Laura’s Lean Ribeye Steak with tomatoes, cucumber and frozen mixed veggies made in my steamer

- Under my calories needed by 1025 calories
- Under my carbs needed by 150 g
- Over my fat needed by 25 g (Steak and eggs did me)
- Under my protein needed by 44 g
- Under my fiber needed by 7 g (nothing a little Isagenix Fiber Pro can’t fix tomorrow)
- Over my sugar needed by 8 g

Weight: gained 3 pounds back
Waist Size: the same as when I stopped the program

Bad Influences Encountered: I was supposed to go out to dinner with some friends, but a freelance project came up that I had to complete. So, I ended up having the cancel. Bummer! I was going to be good, but who really knows. Everyone I was supposed to meet is totally supportive of my being on this program. I think I would have done fine for sure.

I am supposed to go out with a girlfriend on Friday AND Saturday this weekend. She has already expressed that she wants me to have drinks with her. But, I am thinking after she has a few without me she will not even notice I’m not drinking. I am very scared about Friday and Saturday…. She’s so influential! YIKES I need some supportive comments from all of you to keep me in line please. xoxo

Make sure you check out the commonly asked questions at: www.lesmills.com/research

If you need specialized nutritional guidance or help contact Flow Studio's Health and Wellness Coach (Teresa Harlow) at teresa.harlow@youcanwellness.com or (740) 972-1116

Visit www.flowwithus.com for more information on Flow Studio's Elite Group Fitness Classes. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Day 1 for me: I have been slowly gaining weight since December so I am inspired to join in on the CHALLENGE. Since I am busy renovating a newly bought rental condo, it will be easier for me to be simple; hence, I will probably prepare a large meal at lunchtime and divide it into thirds and have the same food for Meal 3,4 & 5. Today, I had 3 large salads with chicken, cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots--2 handfuls of veggies are larger than I thought they would be. Meal 1 consisted of 2 eggs scrambled with tomatoes and broccoli. Drank one protein drink and more than a 1/2 gallon of water. No temptations today! Headache in the PM. Exercise: Body Pump

indygirl465 said...

Good luck with the program and this weekend.