Monday, April 1, 2013

Les Mills 21-Day Challenge Days 7 and 8

OVERALL UPDATE
Be sure to read what the program entails and days 1-6 below this post.

Easter has come and gone, and I am very happy to be back on track. Overall, when doing this program I suggest NOT taking a free day. I woke up this morning feeling groggy, dehydrated and my face and skin were visibly damaged by my Easter Sunday free day. Prior to this program, I had been having issues with bloating, water retention, and skin irritations on my face… especially irritations around my eyes and eyelids. Days 2-6 completely cleared up the issue. BUT, when I woke up this morning those irritations were back with a vengeance! At the end of the day today, my skin seems to be toning down a bit. I can’t wait to get the healthy, supple look I had up until Saturday. Also, I had some lingering sugar cravings in the morning, so I had a tiny bite of an IsaLean oatmeal raisin bar, and that took care of it! WHEW!

DAILY UPDATES

Sunday
Exercise: No exercise

Food: Stuck to the program 10%, yep I took a free day, but plan on adding one more day onto the end of this program. I ate everything I wanted, but in moderation. I can say I did NOT eat in moderation during past Easters, and the calories sure add up!

Slept in really late, got up and had a protein shake. Upon arriving to my grandmothers, I ate veggies and dip and drank plenty of water. I had a “glass” of wine before leaving the house (wink wink). Additionally, I had my lovely CHEESE too. My cousin, Chris, and I took out most of the cheese. Ha! I had more wine, cheesy hash brown potatoes, macaroni and cheese, ham, pork loin, asparagus in major butter, a roll, cauliflower with cheese, a deviled egg, peanut butter eggs, jelly beans, cake… I think that is it. Here are the results of the damage.

- Over my calories needed by 744 calories (empty calories in wine and overeating)
- Under my carbs needed by 5 g
- Over my fat needed by 67 g (cheese, candy and cake)
- Under my protein needed by 11 g
- Fiber needs met
- Over my sugar needed by 75 g (candy and cake!)

Weight: I decided to not weigh myself today
Waist Size: I decided to not take my waist size today

Bad Influences Encountered: Easter, and a grandmother who gets offended if her family does not eat what she makes. Yeah, great excuse, but I could have done MUCH worse I am telling you right now.

Monday
Exercise: Taught 45 minutes of freestyle cycling and 30 minutes of CXWORX

Food: Stuck to the program 100%. After my third meal today, I really wasn’t very hungry, but I ate my 4th anyway. My fifth meal was very small, and I almost had to choke it down.

- Under my calories needed by 920 calories
- Under my carbs needed by 144 g
- Over my fat needed by 8 g
- Over my protein needed by 10 g
- Fiber needs met
- Over my sugar needed by 7 g

Weight: No weight loss as of today. I am probably holding water and bloating for sure.
Waist Size: I decided to not take my waist size today

Bad Influences Encountered: None. I stayed away from all people except Flow Studio where exercise is KING!

No comments: